The word success is thrown about almost as much as recruiter bashing here on linkedin.
But what is “success” and how can you create it?
According to the dictionary, this is how success is defined:
- the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors; the accomplishment of one’s goals.
- The attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.
- A performance or achievement that is marked by success, as by the attainment of honors
- A person or thing that has had success, as measured by attainment of goals, wealth, etc
- Obsolete. Outcome
But in reality, success can only be defined by you.
Now how can you CREATE more success for yourself? Here are 5 things that you can do right now.
- Curiosity: First you have to be curious about what you want you to define YOUR success to be, stop now and think about really what it is “success” to you.
- Awareness: Where are you currently? Both in practical terms and mindset terms? Without know where you currently are you can never go after what you want. Are you open to creating the life you desire? These are questions that I would ask all my clients to see how serious they are in having the life want. Remember, there are plenty of people who are happy being miserable… is that you?
- Focus: If you are running around like a headless chicken, then your focus is a little off. Likewise, “I don’t have time” is probably one of the biggest warning signs for you to do something slightly different in your life (if this is your answer to a lot of things that is), not having time is B.S. Focus DOWN in terms of what you can be achieving on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly bases – don’t worry too much about that 5 year goal because if everything is done correctly then those long-term goals are absolute.
- Owning it: Know what alot of my clients struggle with? Owning who they are and what they do. This is a HUGE player in the success factor, if you aren’t owning yourself – do you expect to be on point in those meetings or on the phone? Or even with your family? Own it!
- Don’t do it alone: Lastly, the one that most people also leave to last as well, do not do this alone. Find a mentor or a coach (often more than one) that will help you elevate your success. This was one of my biggest learning when I got my first coach and my first mentor, my own success elevated and I stepped into my own life.
There we have it, 5 things that you can be doing to elevate YOUR success…
Let me know your thoughts below